Friday, February 1, 2008

Celeb Sighting: Mr. A-Z

So I was having lunch by myself today down at a little Mexican place near downtown San Diego called El Indo and I saw this guy who looked kinda familiar. I knew he looked like someone famous, but I couldn't place him right away. I knew he was a musician, not only from memory but the guy and the girl he was with were talking with him about "a tour" and guitars or something. So I tried to think about where I'd seen him, but instead my mind started playing a song and for a few moments I didn't even really notice, but then I thought - "Wait! What's that song? Is that the answer?"

Actually, it wasn't so much the answer as it was "The Remedy" - a song by...

TADA!

JASON MRAZ!

He was decked out in scrubby clothes, an unshaven face, a knit cap of some sort over his even scruffier head of hair and was wearing sunglasses indoors. Looked like he was hiding a little but flying casual.

If I were a bigger fan of his and knew more of his music I may have said something, but I didn't. Upon my return home, I looked up his tour schedule online to see if he might be here on tour, but it seems he's not on tour right now at all and in fact has a "home studio" here in San Diego, so - based on all of that, I'm pretty sure it was him. That made it a less than boring day.

2 comments:

Schwartzilla said...

It is never cool to wear your grandpa's hat. I don't care what the trends are or what the John Mayer clones think, never. cool.

Katie said...

Too bad you didn't have me with you, I saw him in concert...I love him...