Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sarah and NO No Name?

I found out a little late, but it seems that Mike Nelson, aka "No-Name," of the Sarah & No-Name Morning Radio show on Alice@97.3 FM in the San Francisco Bay Area, has been "let go."  I listen to the first 30-minutes of every show from down here in San Diego via daily podcasts, but I will not be listening from now on.

Here's the FULL STORY.

Whatever the politics may be, No Name was let go by Station Manager Greg Nemitz and some unknown board of decision-makers... and now it's just "The Sarah and... whoever is still in the studio" show.  This is utter, utter, bullshit.  

People have been calling the show in tears - literally crying - about the loss of their favorite morning deejay, and the politics of CBS Radio and whomever they may be in bed with are screwing over the loyal listeners in an amazingly ballsy move that I really hope will NOT pan out for them.  I hope CBS Radio loses billions.

If you're a fan of the show, as I was - I repeat, "WAS" - take up arms for a minute and sign this PETITION or find a way to let Alice Radio know that you're done listening.  This is what I wrote for my petition signing: "I would never listen to just Sarah, just as I would never listen to just No-Name. You don't just CUT Peanut Butter out of a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich! It needs both! Radio Alice just redefined 'SUCK'."

I know it's nothing Earth-shattering, but I'm pretty sad about it.

9 comments:

Reuven said...

I eat Jelly sandwiches ALL the time.

Anonymous said...

So, as a guy I don't have to listen anymore. Hooman is a guy (I suppose)and so is the other Mike who does traffic. They have no future on Alice? I wasn't the biggest Noname fan, but this is a BS move by management.

Schwartzilla said...

They're going harder for that granola eating, Teva wearing, Subaru driving, lesbian female audience (females in the bay area 25-44 years old). Pretty soon Sarah and the new host will be burning bras and climbing up the oak trees in Bizerkeley to protest the eeeeevil UC campus. I'm sure wherever No Name lands he'll be much better off - hopefully a station that doesn't play Sarah Mclachlan and Paula Cole all. friggin. day.

Nothing quite as insane as living in the gay area.

The Schwartzilla has spoken. Go in peace, I mean, anger.

Vanilla Ice said...

You listen to Alice? And gramatical podcasts? Dude, we need get you out of the house...there's no politics involved in this, it's a chick station. You listen to a morning show aimed at 22 - 45 year old WOMEN.

Mike Wood said...

aaaaand who are you?

Anonymous said...

In their efforts to get more in line with Women they release Matt and Fire NoName because they skew too far into the younger male audience...

And then they bring back Vinnie.

How many flavors of BS do they peddle over there?

Katie said...

I loved No Name...as a women (but not the kind angry shwartzilla is talking about) I thought he was pretty much the hot bad boy who turned around and melted your heart by loving his wife and kids. THAT SAID, the return of Vinnie negates the PB&J reference. He is original Jiffy...and has come back from an incredible struggle with alcohol. A theory (that sounded a lot more realistic based on his numerous side projects) was that No Name wanted bigger and better things and is now able to better persue those. Regardless, change happens and should be given a chance.

Anonymous said...

On Opie and Anthony's radio show today they gave Noname an honorable mention... Kevin Smith and Jimmy were talking bout him for a minute or two...

Jamie said...

So I was bouncing through the radio the other day and No Name and Matty are on LIVE 105 now!!! (105.3 FM) They sound GREAT and its so nice to hear them again!