Thursday, August 7, 2008

You can't fire me! I QUIT!

Yes, I did it!  I quit my crappy job as a magnet/magnifier/sticky-note salesman.  And I'm pretty damned sure I'll never do anything like that again.

But something good did come out of it.  I actually met someone there who eventually got me a new job, which I will be starting next week.

the new job is an Assistant Producer position on a show called The Wellness Hour, shot locally here in North County San Diego - Carlsbad, to be specific; I'm only a block away from one of the most amazing beaches in the county.  I don't want to say too much about the business of the show, but you can see what it is on San Diego Cox Cable Channel 31 (I think) or check out the website - www.thewellnesshour.com

Anyway, this is a nice little step in the right direction.  Just thought I'd fill you all in.

4 comments:

Reuven said...

Good on you Mike! Great to see persistence pay off.

Brad said...

Wooohoo!

I'm psyched for you

Vanilla Ice said...

Great to here. Sincere congrats. You know, I'm envious of guys like you who just make things happen one way or the other. I've got the last week of August off and will be in SD for Radiohead Wednesday the 27th. Can we wait that long for Pineapple Express? If not, call me next week, we'll go after work and celebrate the new job.

Vanilla Ice said...

yes, the "here" was on purpose. Thought you would enjoy that grammar geek. Anyways, it's irregardless...