Friday, February 27, 2009

Yes, but what to blog ABOUT!?!?!

This seems to be the biggest problem for most of my fellow bloggers - "What should I write about today?" And it's a question that, more often that not, never finds an answer before the sun sets on another day. And here am I, let all alone in the Blog-o-sphere of my small circle of blogging friends, trying to lead the pack with regular, updated, stimulating, intriguing and original material (except for Gary - that dude writes a new blog every 20 seconds).

And so, what shall I write about today? Well... today I don't have much. My life is pretty bland and uneventful at the moment, but that's okay because that's not really what this blog is even about. My life, as a topic, is only tossed into this crazy garden salad of a blog as a few croutons or almond slivers: accessories, but certainly not the main ingredient that makes you grab for the tongs. (Or a big juicy burger instead - have you seen Perez Hilton's page lately?) I usually just blog about funny stuff I see in the news or music or movies or whatever I think might make you read or want to respond. (I love responses and comments. LEAVE COMMENTS!)

"So, what to blog about?" I hear you asking through your silence, fellow bloggers. Well, I'll tell you: NOTHING! Blog about NOTHING! What do you think I'm doing right now? Do you think I plotted, schemed and outlined this entire post beginning to end, before I started typing? Hell no! I just started typing! And you can do that to!

As a loyal reader of YOUR BLOG, fellow blogger, I don't need them all to be gems. I just wanna read what you're writing. Look at you! You're reading this jibber-jabber! You've made it this far without clicking over to a montage video of cats doing cute and funny things! (Great video - check it out! But not until you're done here.)

So please, you slackers! Pick up the pace! Write something! You're boring me!

P.S. - Facebook is fun, huh?
P.P.S. - I just watched High Fidelity tonight for the first time since I saw it in theaters in 2000. Great movie!
P.P.P.S. - Calvin and Hobbes are worth revisiting.
P.P.P.P.S. - R.I.P.L.N.w.C.O'B.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ok, A) requesting comments looks slightly desperate, instead why not let the flow of the blogging world race through you or sit stagnant depending on the weather in your blog-o-sphere? B)Anti-point proven by my reaction to that..."wait, what? did I just waste part of my life on NOTHING?!" You're better than that Mike!! If you'd only make friends with my favorite guy, Grammar Nazi again...all would be good in the hood!