Monday, August 31, 2009

Saddest Movie Moments

For absolutely no reason in particular, I've decided that I've reached the point in my life when I must take a few minutes to decide what I think are the ten saddest moments in movie history. Of course, this list is subject to limitations based on what I have and have not seen. And I'll be honest, I'm just not even going to consider Schindler's List - it's not fair to the other contenders. The whole movie is miserably sad - I could never pick just one part.

So here we go. Tell me what you think.

10. DUMBO - 'Mad Elephant'


9. CASABLANCA - "Here's lookin' at you, kid."


8. I AM LEGEND - "Every little thing's gonna be alright."
(Embedding was disabled, so just click here.)
7. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: A.I. - "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the world."


6. BAMBI - 'Bambi's Mother'


5. THE NEVR-ENDING STORY - 'The Swamps of Sadness'

4. SOMETIMES A GREAT NATION - 'Loggers'


3. THE GREEN MILE - "Killing What They Love"

2. E.T. - "I'll be right here."


1. CAST AWAY - "Wilson, I'm sorry!"

No comments: